Scratch & Dent Repair
All kinds of scrapes and dents can occur. It’s almost certain that your vehicle’s finish will be stained if you drive it every day. It’s important to know what you can do to fix it if it does happen.
These products and methods will help you fix and enhance your vehicle for a low price and with great results.
There are many different methods and techniques to fix scratches, scrapes, and scuffs on your vehicle. Below are the details of each project and the tools and materials needed to repair them. It really depends on what type of scratch or scuff you have. The following scratch repair procedures fall under two categories.
Step-by-Step Instructions – Four Methods to Scuff & Scratch-Repair
1. Minor Scratches: These are small scratches or scuffs that can easily be repaired with Clear Coat Pen or Compounding.
2. Major Scratches: Any scratches, scrapes, or scuffs that need to be repaired with Touch Up Paint.
Please Be Advised
These are not professional recommendations. They are intended to help you get your project off the ground. Touch Up Zone can’t guarantee the results of any project or process step and cannot accept responsibility for product applications or misuses.
Before You Start
- Wear proper safety protection: Safety glasses, Respirator and Particle Mask, Latex, Nitrile Gloves, and Hearing Protection if you use power tools that emit high levels of noise.
- Spray coatings and sanding should be done in a well-ventilated area.
- Temperature should be warm enough for coatings and materials drying properly.
- You should work in an area that is well-lit so you can see what you’re doing.
- Follow all label instructions.
Tools and Equipment, Paint, and Material Options
Each project’s recommended tools, equipment, paint and materials are listed in the repair process and highlighted in red. Click the button below to purchase these Tools, Equipment, Paint, and Materials. For more information and tech tips, click here.